Pension Documentation Changes
Improvements to the generation and distribution of pension documentation.
Release date: TBC, Q4 2022
Pension Letter Changes and Automatic Distribution
- Enabled by Default? - Yes
- Set up by customer Admin? - No
- Enable via Support ticket? - No
- Affects configuration or data? - No
Changes are being made to the way that pension documents are generated and sent to employees from the pension module to make them more dynamic and secure.
Reason for the Change
Currently, manual effort is required to send pension documents after each pay run which attaches a PDF document to an email. These changes will automate the process, sending an encrypted link to employees each time a document is due.
All customers using the Pension module.
Release Note Info/Steps
Below is a high-level overview of the changes being made to the Pension Documentation functionality.
A full release note will be provided prior to release, during Q4 2022.
- Pension documents will generate dynamically using stored mail merge fields instead of generating a static document that is stored separately
- The pension documents will be generated using the normal event based triggers (such as automatic enrolment into a pension scheme) and then be scheduled to be sent to employees automatically on a daily basis. A link will be emailed to employees. Employees can then use the link to access their documents using a password
Please note: The password will be the employees' dates of birth, the same as their pay slips.
- The Send Out Documentation page in the Pension module (Pension module > Pension Process > Send Out Documentation) will be updated with the ability to see which documents have been sent, and the ability to view these documents.
- The employee Document Management page in the Pension module (Pension Module > Employees > Employee List > Enter employees record > Employee Pension Info > Document Management) will be updated to provide a link for viewing the employee's pension document
Please note: The ability to go into Pension Module > Pension Process > Send Out Documentation to manually process and send the document will still be available to use.