This article describes the process of creating Wage Targets for specific locations in HR & Payroll in order for the Rota Wage Cost (£) and Rota Wage % to update automatically when employees who are shift/hourly paid are scheduled in the rota. This allows the displaying of whether these targets are over (displayed in red) or under (displayed in green).
Wage targets can only be set by employees with this particular access level.
The ‘Wage Target %’ needs to be set for each individual location on the portal.
To do this:
- From the side menu, go to Rotas > Administration > Configure Locations
- Select the specific Location to set up wage targets from the drop-down list
Fig.2 - Select Location
- Scroll down, and against 'Wage Targets' use the orange arrow drop-down (see Fig.3) to select Edit Wage Targets
Fig.3 - 'Edit Wage Targets'
- Choose whether to Include Holiday Pay In Rota Wage Costs
- Enter the Target Percentage target for the location as a whole
Enter divisional wage targets - the combined total must equal the Target Percentage
The select Save
Fig.4 - Edit Wage Target Percentage - divisional targets add up to equal the 60% target
The percentage will then appear as a total on the Location's rota, seen in Fig.5.
Fig.5 – Wage Target Percentage on a rota
Please note: When employees who are shift/hourly paid are then scheduled to work within the rota, the ‘Rota Wage Cost’ will increase, and the ‘Rota Wage Percentage’ will highlight in green if under budget, and red if over the wage cost percentage set for that Location, seen in Fig.6.
Fig.6 - Rota Wage Cost Colour Coding