This article describes various troubleshooting tips and areas to check regarding issues regarding Employee Details within Rotas (including Termination, Breaks, Shifts, Scheduling and Employee Hours) in Workforce Management.
Employee Showing as Unavailable on Rota after Termination Removed
Rota Submitted Date
The system will default the employee to be ‘Unavailable’ on the Rota if the Rotas were already created when the employee’s termination was removed.
- Create a Multiple Employment record for the employee for the affected week, enter the required shifts and then end the Multiple Employment at the end of the affected week
Setting Breaks for Shifts and Locations
Configuring breaks via Location:
- Go to Rotas > Administration > Configure Locations
- Scroll down to 'Location Rota Settings', use the orange arrow drop-down and select Edit Rota Settings
- There are various settings within this page to configure breaks, such as Hours Worked, Minutes Unpaid Break, Allow Modification of Break Time, Maximum Number of Break Minutes
- When done, scroll down and Save
Configuring breaks via shift types:
- Go to Rotas > Administration > Shift Types > select Shift Type > enter a value in minutes for the Break Allowance
Please Note: This field will only display if Record Breaks against Shift Codes is set to Yes in Rota Global Settings.
Unable to Schedule Employee to an ‘On’ Shift Type
This can occur if the employee’s shift type is not assigned to the correct Division.
- Go to Rotas > Administration > Shift Types
- Select the ‘On’ Shift Type and then Assign Divisions
- Assign the required Division and then Save
Missing Shift Codes
This can occur if shift types have been edited/removed from the system. This process is not audited, so the user will be unable to view who made these changes.
This can be resolved by assigning shifts back to the appropriate Locations.
To do so:
- Go to Rotas > Administration > Shift Types > select Shift > Assign Locations
Rota Not Displaying ‘ON’ in the Drop-Down Box
This can occur if shift types have been deleted or changed as if there are not enough shift types, then the ‘ON’ functionality will not display.
To check shift types, go to:
- Rotas > Administration > Configure Locations > select required Location
- If not enough shift types are available, then select Assign Shift Types
Please Note: If shift types have been deleted, then there is no way of reinstating them other than creating them again.
If the shift types are already created, but just need to be added to the Location, follow the path:
- Rotas > Administration > Configure Locations > select required Location > select Assign Shift Types
- Assign the required Shift Types
- Go to Rotas > Administration > Shift Types > select Shift Type required > Assign Locations > assign required Location
Please sign in to leave a comment.