Fourth is changing the way that users are authenticated and authorised when they access the Fourth App. This change will be implemented in a phased way and will initially only impact non-Engage users, who will be migrated to the new solution on a customer-by-customer basis starting on January 14th 2022.
To work with this new Identity Management service, users will be required to upgrade their native iOS or Android apps to a new version which is planned for release to the app stores by 11th January 2022.
Release date: January 11th 2022
Reason for the Change
To provide a better authentication experience for users. Non-Engage users will require the latest version of the native apps in order to access the Fourth App after they have been migrated to the new Identity Management service (starting from January 14th).
Non-Engage customers using the generic Fourth app.
Desktop users or users of customer-specific branded apps will not be impacted. These customers will be migrated later in the year and separate release notes will be provided nearer the time.
Release Note Info/Steps
- Enabled by Default? - Users may have selected to auto-update their apps in which case there is no action required
- Set up by customer Admin? - No
- Affects configuration or data? - No
To update to the latest version of the Fourth App:
- Android users - open the Play Store app, search for and select the Fourth App and select Update
- iOS (Apple) users - open the App Store app, search for and select the Fourth App and select Update
Please note that the exact time that the new versions are available in the app stores is partially dependent on Apple and/or Google.