Budgets and Revenue Target settings can be applied to ensure more control over these areas.
This article describes the process of configuring Budgets and Revenue Targets within HR & Payroll and adding Budgets and Revenue Targets for specific Locations.
Entering Budgets and Revenue Targets by Location
- From the side 'burger' menu go to Rotas > Administration > Configure Locations
Fig.1 - Rotas > Administration > Configure Locations
- From the top of the page, select the required Location to set up Budgets for
- Ensure that the setting On what basis can the figures in a Rota be amended? is set to Location
Fig.2 - Organisation of Divisions
- Scroll down to the 'Revenue Targets' section, use the down arrow drop-down and select Edit Revenue Targets
Fig.3 – Edit Revenue Targets
- Configure settings for Budgeted Revenue for the Location by ticking the settings boxes as required
- Hover over the ? icons to reveal extra 'tooltip' information on each setting
- Enter how the budget is going to be broken down over the course of each week by populating the % of revenue taken on a X fields, i.e. if a site takes more on a weekend, then set the % higher for the weekend days
- The total must be 100%, which will highlight in green once complete
- If available, enter percentages of revenue that will be divided between each Section at the Location
- Then select Save (this is done before entering the Annual Budgets)
Fig.4 – Budget revenue settings for a Location
To enter/amend the Annual Budgets:
- Again, scroll down to the 'Revenue Targets' section, use the down arrow drop-down and select Edit Revenue Targets
- Select the Annual Budget button
The Annual Budgets screen will then display. Budgets need to be entered for a Location on a weekly basis.
- Select the required Financial Year and Week to enter Budgets for
Fig.5 – Annual Location Budget screen - selecting 'Financial Year' and a week
The daily targets will be blank but the percentages that were set earlier will be shown for each day, and Wage Targets – if set – will also appear.
- Enter the total Weekly Budgets in the Total fields
- Select anywhere on the screen
The daily targets will calculate and display automatically (using the percentages shown), as will the combined budget total.
- To proceed to the next week, select Next
- To save in progress, select Save
- To complete the required week, and for it to appear on the Budget Information on the Location’s rota, select Complete
Fig.6 - Setting rota budgets for a week
Please sign in to leave a comment.