When an employee is requesting a holiday, a notification email is sent to the line manager to approve the holiday. The purpose of this article is to guide through setting this up from the HR module on Workforce Management (WFM).
Setting up Line Manager Notifications for an Employee
- Go to the HR module
- Use the 'burger' menu on the left and go to HR > Employees > Employee List
- Search for and select the required employee
- Use the employee icon from the top left and go to Employee Access > Line Manager Notification
Fig.1 - Line Manager Notification
- Beside the Holidays type, select the line manager’s name from the First Manager To Be Notified drop-down, and then tick the Confirm Notification box (Fig.2)
- Select Save
Fig.2 - Selecting the line manager’s name and 'Confirm Notification'
As well as setting up the Line Manager Notification, employees also need to have the line manager selected in the Reports To field under their Assign Access Level page.
- Search for and select the employee from the employee list (if necessary)
- Use the employee icon from the top left and go to Employee Access > Assign Access Levels
- In the Employee Access drop-down menu, select Assign Access Levels
Fig.3 – Assign Access Levels
- Under 'Select Access Level Hierarchy' select the line manager to whom the employee Reports To
- Scroll down and Save
Fig.4 - Select the manager’s name from the Reports To drop-down list
It is also possible to use the Employee Batch Update functionality to update the line manager of multiple employees simultaneously.
- Using the 'burger' menu, go to HR > Employees > Employee Batch Update
- Select the Location and Division where the line manager needs batch updating
- From the Employee Attribute drop-down list, select Reports To
- Enter the manager’s name in the Reports To field
- Select Apply
Fig.5 – Batch updating the ‘Reports To’ field
To receive holiday notification emails, the line managers need to have their work email address set up.
- From the Employee List, select the line manager’s name
- From the Employee Info drop-down menu, select Personal Details
- Enter the line manager’s Work Email and then Save
Fig.6 - Enter the line manager’s Work Email address