How to Modify a Portal
It is possible to customise the portal so that it has a consistent look and feel for the company using it. Branded images can be uploaded, colour themes chosen, and portal names changed. Only users with Admin logins will have access to carry out these changes.
The Portal Formatting menu
- Go to HR > Portal Formatting
There are four options in the menu:
- Change Portal Style
- Upload Portal Images
- Change Portal Name
- Change Portal Logo
Changes made from any of these pages will be seen portal-wide and affect all users.
Fig.1 - The Portal Formatting menu
- To change the colour scheme in the Portal, go to HR > Portal Formatting > Change Portal Style and make a selection from the predefined colour schemes
- To confirm the new style, select Save
Fig.2 - Portal colour themes
- To see currently loaded images, go to HR > Portal Formatting > Upload Portal Images
From here existing images can be seen as thumbnails (as per Fig.3), deleted, and updated.
- To upload images select Upload A New Portal Image from the top right corner
Fig.3 - Current loaded portal images and the Upload A New Portal Image button
Images must be less than 200KB in size. A warning message will appear if a selected file is too large.
In-house branding/marketing teams may be able to provide scaled-down versions of images.
- To change the name of the Portal, go to HR > Portal Formatting > Change Portal Name
This Portal name is the text that displays next to the burger menu at the top of the screen. The Portal name as seen in Fig.5 is 'Editions Demo 1'.
Fig.4 - The portal logo
Fig.5 - The portal name
- A Portal logo (seen in the top right corner of the screen) can be added/changed by going to HR > Portal Formatting > Change Portal Logo
The Portal logo seen in Fig.5 is the Fourth logo. The logo image must be no larger than 144 x 44 pixels in size.