This article outlines the process to upload pension document templates into the Pension module.
This process will need to be followed when a new pension scheme is set up and the associated documents are required to be uploaded. It should also be used if the current document templates on an existing pension scheme are to be archived.
Uploading Document Templates
- Follow the path: Pension > Administration > Document Management
The list on the left of the page refers to current document trigger points built into the AE cycle.
The radio buttons allow all document trigger points to be viewed. This includes documents assigned to 'Auto Enrolment Schemes' or documents attached to other pension schemes.
- To upload a new document template – first, select the link at the top right-hand side of the page Document Templates
Fig 1 - Document Management page - 'Document Templates'
Any existing document templates will be listed onscreen.
- If a document template has been sent, it can't be deleted but it can be made inactive by un-ticking the Active? tick box
- If a document template has not been sent, it can be deleted by selecting the Delete? tick box
- Select Save Changes when ready
Please Note: Exercise caution when doing this, as if there is no document uploaded this could cause your organisation to become non-compliant.
- To upload a new template, select Upload New Template from the top-right corner
Fig.2 - Document Template Page
A new page will open, where new document template details can be added and uploaded.
- First, use the Category Type drop-down to select if the document is an Auto Enrolment Template or a standard Pension Document Template
- Select which Pension Scheme the document is to be assigned to from the list to the left, and move individual items using the single arrow icon
- If the organisation uses worker groups, then select which Worker Group this document relates to
- Select the Template Type Description from the drop-down list
- Select the browse button and navigate to the relevant document, select and press Open
The document for upload must be saved as a Microsoft Word Document (.docx).
- The final step is to complete any helpful notes in the Notes field to describe the document
- Once completed select Upload
Fig.3 - Document Template Upload Page