Absence Types allow absences to be assigned to the correct type, ensuring that correct payments are being made.
Creating Absence Types
- From the HR Module select Administration and then Absence Types
Fig.1 – Absence Types in the Administration drop-down
- Select Create Absence Type and enter a Description
- Select if this Absence Type should be Used? - If the Absence Type is no longer required, this can be un-ticked
- Select Negative Payments if this Absence Type should generate negative payments and against which Payment Type it should be displayed against
- Select SSP Payments if applicable
This will display the additional settings 'Restrict no of days' and 'Number of restricted days is applicable', e.g. sickness self-certified is restricted to 7 days.
- Select CSP Paid if company sick pay should be paid when this Absence Type is selected
The CSP allowance is configured within Contracts and requires additional settings to be configured. Please see WFM - Creating & Assigning Contracts for more information.
- Select Include in holiday allowance calculation if this absence should be included in the holiday allowance calculation
This option means that if this Absence Type is selected, it will not have a negative impact to the employee’s holiday allowance if the employee is flexible.
Fig.2 – Edit Absence Type
Fig.3 – Populated Edit Absence Type
- By selecting the Absence Type and Delete, this will remove the Absence Type if it has not been used
- If this absence is not to be used in the future, un-tick Used?
For more articles on the Administration drop-down menu, please see - WFM - Getting Started WFM Administration
Please sign in to leave a comment.