Absences are recorded in an Employee’s HR record. This allows the manager to choose what type of absence it is and whether the employee will be paid.
The absence will feed through to the rota so an employee cannot be scheduled with working hours.
Creating an Absence
- Go to the HR module
- Select Employee List in the Employees drop-down menu
Fig.1 - Employee List in Employees Drop-Down Menu
- Search for and select the required Employee
Fig.2 - Employee List
- Select Absences from the Employee Info drop-down menu
Fig.3 - Absences in Employee Info
- Select Add a New Absence
Fig.4 - Add a New Absence Link
The ‘Record a New Absence’ screen will then display.
- Complete the Absence Date From field, if the employee has not specified when they will be returning to work then the Absence Date To can be left blank
If left blank, the employee will appear on all future Rotas as ‘Absent’ until the end date is entered.
- Reason for Absence must be completed using the Absence Types previously set up by the company
The reasons should provide a paid and unpaid option.
- If the employee has a Doctors Certificate, tick the Doctors Certificate box and enter the Date fields which appear
- Any additional information can be recorded in the Notes section
When closing the absence and entering the End Date, there is a ‘Return to Work Completed’ box which can be ticked, this is not recorded anywhere other than the absence, it is for information purposes only.
Absences need to be created on the day that the employer is notified that the employee will not be working, as there is not an option to create an absence in the past.
Fig.5 - Record a New Absence Fields
When an employee is absent on the Rota, there will be no option to enter hours and the total hours on the Rota for the employee will appear as zero.
Fig.6 - Absence in Rota