A new page is being added to the Rota Module which will display Employees' Health Statuses, taken from the Employee Health Survey app.
Release date: 3rd June 2020
Reason for Change
To help customers to track the health of employees who are scheduled to work
All HR & Payrolll customers whose employess are using the Employee Health Survey app.
There is a Global Setting in the Rota module that enables the displaying of Employee Health Statuses.
- Go to Rotas module> Administration > Global Settings > Edit Rota Settings
- To apply the setting, tick the box against Show Employee Health Status?
- To enable Employee Health Status pages for all Locations, tick the box against Enable Employee Health status for all locations
- Scroll down and select Save
Fig.1 - Rota Setting: Show Employee Health Status? and Enable Employee Health Status for all locations
If the 'all locations' Global Setting is not applied, Employee Health Status pages can be enabled at individual Locations by following the steps below:
- Go to HR module > Company Admin > Locations > select required Location
- Tick the box against Show Employee Health Status on Rota? and select Save
- Repeat this process for all required Locations
Fig.2 - Edit Location: Show Employee Health Status on Rota?
A User Permission can be applied within the Rota module so that only selected users can view Employee Health status information.
To apply the Permission to a Template:
- Go to Rotas module> Users > Templates
- Select the required Template and then Assign Permissions
- Tick the box against Employee Health Status
- Scroll down and Save
Fig.3 - Template User Permission: Employee Health Status
To apply the Permission to an individual's user access:
- Go to Rotas module > Users > Assign User Access
- Search for and select the required employee
- Select User Profile
- Tick the box against Employee Health Status and then Save
Fig.4 - Individual User Access: Assign User Access
Only users with this Permission will be able to view the Health Status data within the Rota module.
Employee Health Status
Once the settings/user access has been applied, a new icon will appear in the current open rota.
- In the Rotas module, go to Rotas > View Rotas
- Select the applicable rota
Within this page, a new Health Status link will display next to the day which can be selected to view the Employee Health Status data for the day.
Fig.5 - Rota Week View
- To view the Employee Health Status page, select Health Status
Fig.6 - Employee Health Status
The Employee Health Status page will display all employees within a Location.
All scheduled employees appear at the top of the page, grouped by job title. All non-scheduled employees will show at the bottom of the list, again, grouped by job title.
Employees on this page have their Health Statuses displayed, based on the answers they gave when completing the Health Survey - see Health Survey app - User Guide for further information.
Fig.7 - Employee Health Statuses
Against all employees are several fields which will help managers to manage the resource within the Location. These include:
- Employee Name
- Employee Number
- Telephone Number
- Mobile Number
- Job Title
- Scheduled Shift Time 1
- Scheduled Shift time 2
- Employee Health Status
Users will only be able to view employees they have access to see within their User Permissions. The only exception to this is if the Permission that allows viewing of all employees within the rota is enabled.
Navigating the Employee Health Status page
- Employees can be filtered by Division by using the Division selection drop-down at the top of the page
Fig.8 Employee Health Status Page division filter
- Move to the next, previous, or specific day of the current week by using the View Next Day, View Previous Day, or Day buttons
Fig.9 Employee Health Status Page Next day links
- To ensure that the data is up to date, use the Refresh button in the top-right corner of the page.
Fig.10 Employee Health Status Page refresh data
Employee Health Status
An employee's Health Status is updated following their completion of the Health Survey via the app. The combination of answers to the questions generates the Health Status, as shown below. There are also statuses for when the employee has either not completed the survey or has not given consent for health data to be collected.
Employee has completed the survey and is in good health. They are considered safe to work.
Employee has completed the survey and has reported symptoms of Covid-19. They are considered as not safe to work.
Employee has not given consent for health data to be collected. No information available.
Employee has not completed the survey / Employee does not have a Fourth Account so cannot access the survey
Half Day Holidays
For businesses that utilise the Half Day Holiday functionality, an additional column will appear in the Employee Health Status page, which will be ticked if the employee has a half day holiday. The scheduled shift time will appear under the Shift Time 1 or Shift time 2 column.
Fig.11 Employee Health Status Page with Half day Holiday