The ChangeDevelopment has been carried out which automates the creation of the Pension Diary at the end of December.
Release Date: 31-Dec-2014
Reason for the ChangeWhen creating a new employee, the system checks the Pension Scheme to see if the employee should be postponed, and will calculate the end of the postponement period using the start date of the employee and the Pension Diary > Pension Reference Period Dates.
Although the Pension Diary runs from the beginning of each Tax Year, if an employee is created at the end of January 2015, the postponement period will end in the new Tax Year. Therefore the Pension Diary needs to be created in December each year, to deal with postponement periods that fall in the new tax year, to ensure the system calculates the correct “Postponement End Date” and “Deferral Date”.
Previously creating the Pension Diary was reliant on a user manually regenerating the Pension Diary. The system will now automatically create the Pension Diary for the new tax year (6th April to 5th March) each December. All dates will follow on from the previous year’s diary.
Customers AffectedThis is to be made available to all People System customers using the Payroll Module.
Pension DiaryTo access the Pensions Diary follow the path: Pension > Administration>Pension Schemes > Select the Pension, click on “Pension Diary”.
- Viewing the “Tax Year”, the user can select previous years as in Fig 1 the screen defaults to the current tax year.
- This is a read-only view, the user cannot regenerate a previous years diary or make any amendments.
- The user can only amend dates for the current pay period, or pay periods in the future.
- In December of each year, the system will generate the next tax year’s diary.
- The user will be able to view the future diary, selecting the year from the “Tax Year” drop down field as in Fig 2.
- When the diary is generated, it follows on from the previous year’s dates. The user will still have the facility to edit any dates, if changes need to be made.
- If the user re-generates the Pension Diary for the current tax year, and the future pension diary has already been created, it will update at the same time.