This article describes the process of entering Variable Payments from a Rota within HR & Payroll.
Entering Variable Payments from a Rota
- Select Rotas from the Module drop-down menu
Fig.1 - Rotas Module
- Select the current week's Rota from the Open Rotas section
Fig.2 - Select Rota from Open Rotas
- To add a Variable Payment, select the Variable Payment link on the top right hand side, see Fig.3
Fig.3 Variable Payments Link
- Select the Payment Type
Please Note: Access to various Payment Types may be restricted on certain logins.
There may be some employees already associated with Variable Payments.
- To add another employee, select Add Employees
- The ability to Authorise payments will depend upon access to the system.
- Enter the Pay Amount e.g. 40.00 for £40 or -40.00 a £40 deduction.
- If required, enter a Comment. This is important if the payment needs to be authorised by a superior
Fig.4 Variable Payments Details
From the Add Employees link, there is functionality to then search by Division or Surname for the employee to add a Variable Payment for.
- Select the Add tick box next to their name and then select the Add button
This will re-direct to the user to the screen above with the additional employee on there.
Fig.5 - Adding employees
- Use the Save button to keep the payments updated throughout the week, or the Print option to keep a copy on record
Fig.6 - Print and Save Options
- For those users who have access to authorise the payments, tick the Authorised column
Once saved, the payments will become greyed out, and no more amendments will be able to be made.
Fig.7 - Authorised Variable Payments
Please sign in to leave a comment.