Snapshot Functionality is the term we use to describe the process of Rota Approval and the use of the Weekly Overview report. The process is designed for Managers to be able to set their rotas ‘Ready for Review’ by a certain point in the week, and then for Operations Managers to check that rota and approve or decline it.
If the rota is Approved, the system takes a snapshot of the forecast costs (revenue, wage cost and hours scheduled) to then compare with the actual costs for that day and week. These costs are seen in the Weekly Overview report to analyse that week, and to improve forecasting.
Setting up Snapshot Functionality
Weekly Overview Report Set Up
Speak to your Relationship Manager who will arrange to have Version 2 OR Version 3 of the Weekly Overview report switched on your portal.
Examples of these can be seen in the document WFM: UK Rotas: Using Snapshot Functionality Functionality
- In Rotas > Administration > Global Settings > Rota Settings > Select the Edit link there is a setting called Allow Creation of Rota Snapshots which needs to be ticked
- If you are going to use Weekly Overview Report Version 2, select Labour Extract from the snapshot version drop-down on the next line. If using Version 3, select Wage Function
- Whilst in Global Settings, please check that the Rota Report version to use for the Analysis page is Version 5. If you are using any other version please speak to your Fourth contact before changing
Fig 2 - Global Settings of Analysis Page Version
- To label the Rota Approval Levels in the Rota Status Summary, go to Rota > Administration > Global Settings > (bottom of the page) Ability to Record Review Rota Work Flow > Review Rota Workflow
- The top box is for the Ready for Review level; the bottom box is for the Approval level- amend/rename as appropriate
- To enable the Managers and Operations Managers to see the approval levels, the Weekly Overview Report and the Rota Status Summary, your System Administrator will be able to amend the permissions for their access in Rotas > Users > Assign User Access - Select Employee > User Profile
- There will be three Rota Review Levels in the rota module in the permissions templates, tick the relevant permissions for the access level/template
- Rota Review Level 1: This is Ready for Review and should typically be given to managers creating and forecasting the rotas
- Rota Review Level 2: This is Approved and should typically be given to Operations Managers
- Rota Review Level 3: This is Declined and should be given to the Operations Managers if they require the option to decline rotas
- Under the Reports section assign access to the following reports:
- Rota Status Summary
- Weekly Overview Report v2 or Weekly Overview Report v3 (based on the version selected above)
Process & Communication
- It is essential that the process of setting the rota ‘Ready for Review’ after the managers have forecasted the rota, and setting the rota ‘Approved’ once the Operations Managers have reviewed the rota is communicated through the business.
- The system will only take a snapshot of the forecasted costs when the rota is marked Approved and saved; there will be limited information within the Weekly Overview Report if no forecasted costs are taken