New functionality that allows a user-defined name to be displayed instead of the words “Unpaid Holidays”.
Release Date: 26th September 2019
Reason for the Change
Not every day off is an unpaid holiday - it could be a weekend or not the employee's working pattern. Because holidays are booked in blocks, renaming the label to something other than 'Unpaid Holiday' can help to reduce confusion, as employees aren't actually deducted anything for these unpaid days.
All HR & Payroll customers.
A new Global Setting called "Rename unpaid holiday?" will be created.
- Go to HR > Administration > Global Settings > Edit Default Employee Settings
Fig.1 – New Global Setting – Rename unpaid holiday?
When this field has no text entered, the system will continue to function as it does currently.
When the field does have text entered, all pages, reports, and ESS My Holidays where the label 'Unpaid' appears will display the updated name.
Fig.2 – Example renaming of 'Unpaid Holiday'
Pages that will display the new label:
- HR > Employees > Employee List > search for and select an Employee > Employee HR Info > Holidays
- HR > Employees > Employee List > search for and select an Employee > Employee HR Info > Holidays > Create a Holiday Request
- Rotas > select Rota Week > select the Holiday hyperlink
- Rotas > select Rota Week > Weekly Attendance > select the Holiday hyperlink
Fig.3 – Renamed ‘Unpaid’ field in the Create A New Holiday Request screen
Exports that will display the new label:
- Rotas > Reports > Exports > Payroll Data Export
- HR > Reports > Exports > Holidays Status Export
- HR > Reports > Exports > Weekly Employment Status Summary
- HR > Reports > View Reports > Holiday Status