Changing the Pension EligibilityTo begin, navigate to the employee’s pension eligibility record by following: Pension Module > Employees > Employee List > Select Employee > Employee Payroll Info > Pension Eligibility.
Fig 1 – Pension Eligibility Screen
- Ensure the ‘Active Member of Qualifying Pension’ has a tick assigned to the field.
- In the ‘Date Active Member of Scheme’ field, enter the staging date for the PAYE company in use.
Creating the Pension RecordOnce the pension eligibility has been updated, a new pension record should be created. To do this, navigate to the Assign Pension Scheme page by following: Employee Pension Info > Pensions > Add New Pension Scheme.
Fig 2 – Assign Pension Scheme Page
- In the ‘Start Date’ field, use the start date of the pay reference period where the employee has been added to payroll.
- Update the ‘Contribution Type’ percentages in the ‘Change Employer’ and ‘Change Employee’ contribution fields.
- When ready, select save. Access the payroll summary to check the pension scheme contribution values are showing as expected.