If anyone is having issues logging into their HotSchedules account, these are some common scenarios that you can review to help them:
Forgot Username and/or Password
- Sometimes people forget their username and/or password! If a user enters either of these incorrectly, they will receive an error that states "invalid username or password."
- If there is a confirmed email address linked to the account, the user can use the Forgot Username or Password tool on the website or the mobile apps.
- Note: The Forgot Username or Password tool will not work if there is not an email address saved to the account. A manager can add an email address to the user's profile on the Staff tab.
- See this article for step by step instructions to retrieve login information with an email address.
Providing Initial Login Information
- A brand new employee will need their initial username and password to log into HotSchedules and setup their account.
- Managers can provide this by printing their Welcome Sheet from the Staff tab. Simply check the box beside the employee name(s) and click the Welcome Sheet button. See this article for step by step instructions.
Welcome Sheets aren't displaying passwords
- A welcome sheet for a brand new user will have a randomly generated numerical username and password.
- However, if the account has already been logged into, the employee has been prompted to change the password on their account. If the password has been changed, the password will no longer display on a Welcome Sheet.
- Rather than generating a welcome sheet, the manager should follow the process to reset the user's password outlined below.
Can a manager reset an employee's login information?
- Yes! If one of your employees is having trouble logging in, you can send them their login details from the Staff tab of your account.
- Select the employee's name from the Staff List and click the Send Login Details button on their profile. You will be able to send them their username and a reset password link.
- If they do not have an email or text messaging number confirmed on their account, you will need to add an email address for them. The employee will receive a confirmation email. They must click the the confirmation link before you will be able to send them login information.
"Your account has been SUSPENDED" or "Your account is INACTIVE" message when logging in
- This message indicates that the account a user is trying to log into is no longer active.
- The account may be set to inactive or terminated, but a manager at the location will need to reactivate the account for this user to log in.
- To learn more about how to change the status of a team member's account, check out this article.
- Also confirm that the user is not using a username and password from a previous HotSchedules account. When someone switches companies, they should set up a new account.