If anyone can't log in to their HotSchedules account or forgot and need to reset their password, listed below are some common scenarios that you can review to help them.
Providing Initial Login Information
- A brand new employee will need their initial username and password to log into HotSchedules and set up their account
- Managers can provide this by printing their welcome sheet or sending an email invite from the Staff tab
- Simply check the box beside the employee name(s) and select the Welcome Sheet button. See this article for step by step instructions
Welcome Sheets aren't Displaying Passwords
- A welcome sheet for a brand new user will have a randomly generated numerical username and password
- However, if the account has already been logged into, the employee will have been prompted to change their password. If the password has been changed, it will no longer display on the welcome sheet
- Rather than generating a welcome sheet, the manager should follow the process to reset the user's password outlined below
Employee Forgot Username and/or Password
During the setup process, users are given the option to set up an email address on their account. If the email address is attached to their account, they may retrieve their username and password by following the steps below.
An attached email address refers to the email that is linked to your account. A manager can check which email is linked to your account.
Steps for the Employee
- Sometimes people forget their username and/or password! If a user enters either of these incorrectly, they will receive an error that states 'invalid username or password'
- If there is a confirmed email address linked to the account, the user can use the Forgot Username or Password tool on the website or the mobile apps
- Forgotten username? - The employee must know the email address set against their user profile. As a manager, you can check this or add an email if there isn't one
- Forgotten password? - The employee must know their username, again as a manager you can send this to the employee
- Employees can use this article for step by step instructions to retrieve login information with an email address.
Can a Manager Reset an Employee's Login Information?
- Yes! If one of your employees is having trouble logging in, you can send them their username from the Staff tab and a link so they can reset their own password
- See this article for step by step instructions
"Your account has been SUSPENDED" or "Your account is INACTIVE" Message when Logging in
- This message indicates that the account a user is trying to log into is no longer active
- The account may be set to inactive or terminated, but a manager at the location will need to reactivate the account for this user to log in
- To learn more about how to change the status of a team member's account, check out this article.
Please note: Also, confirm that the user is not using a username and password from a previous HotSchedules account. When someone switches companies, they should set up a new account.
If you are having a technical issue and need assistance, please contact us through the blue "Help" button in the corner or refer to our Support Contact Information article.