MacromatiX Mobile Workflow is a navigation tool that offers managers a daily task list from Restaurant open to close that can help guide them through operational best practice.
Using a mobile device, a manager can complete the MacromatiX workflow by easily actioning each task with a touch of their fingertip as they progress through their shift. A simple & clean colour coded design allows managers instant ability to see operational progress for each shift, with the option to incorporate not only MacromatiX modules, but also restaurant reminders & links to external websites to support a centralised flow of work for all restaurants brand wide.
A well structured MacromatiX Workflow will simplify and streamline in-store operations so managers and crews can get back to doing what they do best - serving up great food with excellent customer service!
Best practices for a MacromatiX workflow are:
- Save time and see instant updates by using a mobile device to easily action each workflow task.
- The goal of the workflow is to have all tasks completed each day.
- The Mobile workflow can be tailored to suit each customer, including the use of their terminology and language!
- The Workflow can be pinned to the left side of the page for ease of view, or unpinned to allow for more screen space for viewing a MacromatiX module.
Navigation to Workflow
- Log into the MacromatiX Mobile site directly on a mobile device and select Workflow (Fig.1)
Fig.1 Workflow navigation
The Workflow has symbols to assist with navigation: (Fig.2)
Select the Pin to make the Workflow slide away or to Pin the Workflow back
Select the Arrow left or right to view another Workflow date
Select the Arrow up or down to expand or collapse the Workflow shifts to see tasks
Fig.2 Navigation symbols
Access the task actions by selecting the 3 dots (Fig.3)
Fig.3 Task actions symbol
Fig.4 Task Action options
The task action options are: (Fig.4)
- Complete = Task is finished.
- Override = Task can’t be completed. Enter a reason & authorise before moving on to next task.
- Rollback = Change the status of the task back to ‘not started’.
The Workflow is colour coded to indicate task activity: (Fig.5)
- Green = Complete
- Grey = In Progress
- White = Not started
- Yellow = Overridden
Fig.5 Tasks are colour coded
The Workflow tasks have symbols to indicate task activity: (Fig.6)
- Progress tracker of tasks for that shift
- Completed task
- Alert due to override status
Fig.6 Workflow symbols
MacromatiX can include reminder tasks in the Workflow to prompt a manager to complete the task in the Restaurant. These are simply reminders; they do not require the Manager to use any MX functionality and they may vary from day to day. (Fig.7)
Fig.7 Example reminder tasks
MacromatiX can include tasks in the Workflow which have validations & pre-requisite settings. This can ensure correct process is followed for daily Restaurant operations.
When the Manager attempts to change the status of a validation or pre-requisite task to complete, MacromatiX will check that other dependent processes have been completed and if they have not, the task may prompt the Manager to complete them before continuing by showing an alert message. (Fig.8)
Fig.8 An alert from MX to complete a prior task
The goal of the Workflow is to have all tasks completed each day
Take a look at our other articles for MacromatiX Mobile Inventory:
- MacromatiX: Mobile Travel Path - Manage Locations
- MacromatiX: Mobile Waste - Recording Waste
- MacromatiX: Mobile Transfers - Approving Transfers
Talk to your MacromatiX account manager or send us an email if you are interested in learning more about our MX Masterclass sessions for Restaurant Users, Area Managers, Franchisee's or Head Office Administrators.