Note: This article is intended for clients using the integrated version of HotSchedules. This will only apply to clients using HSConnect as their method of integration and Aloha as their POS.
New employees originate in the POS system, so we will start by verifying that they are entered correctly. Then we will attempt to run a manual sync to pull the employee into HotSchedules.
Most clients using HSConnect are setup to automatically pull employees over once a day (usually early in the morning). So, if you have added an employee today, you most likely will not see them in HotSchedules until tomorrow without a manual sync.
Follow these steps to troubleshoot a missing employee:
- Which version of the Aloha POS system are you using? (Aloha Configuration Center or Aloha Manager)
- >If you are using Aloha Configuration Center, and the employee was just added to the POS system, a system refresh must be run after you verify the employee information below in Aloha to update the employee files that HSConnect references. Generally, this will take down the Aloha system for about 30 seconds. If the employee is entered correctly in Aloha, they will sync into HotSchedules. If you are in the middle of a busy shift, you may want to delay this until later in the day. The system refresh does run automatically at the end of your business day, so the employee would populate in HotSchedules the next day.
- If you are using Aloha Manager, simply continue with the troubleshooting steps below. A system refresh should not be necessary.
- Verify that there is only one record for the employee in Aloha.
- Is the employee entered twice with the exact same spelling?
- This can be verified by navigating to the Employee Maintenance page in Aloha. Locate the name of the employee in the drop down list available, please note that terminated team members might be listed at the bottom of the page.
- If there are two accounts, please place an "x" at the front of the first and last name in the incorrect account. Save the changes.
- Is the employee listed as terminated or zapped in Aloha?
- Employees must be active in the Aloha system to sync into HotSchedules.
- You can verify that they have not accidentally been zapped by navigating to the Employee Maintenance page in Aloha. choose the appropriate employee and then select the Zap tab. Check to see if the terminated box is checked. If so, uncheck it and Save your changes.
- Once you have verified all of this information for the missing employee, running a HSConnect employee sync should populate the employee on your HotSchedules staff list. Please see this article to learn how to run an employee sync from your POS computer.
If these troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue, feel free to contact our Customer Care team.