Managers may want to prevent employees from requesting certain days off within HotSchedules. For example, a manager may not accept any requests off during a holiday weekend.
This article only refers to companies utilizing the Request feature.The alternative feature, Time Off, has separate documentation.
How to Add a Blocked Request
- Navigate to the Home tab.
- Select the Request sub link.
- Select the Add Blocked Request button.
- This will populate the My Toolbar options on the left side of the screen.
- Select the date(s) that you would like to block. You can also select which day parts to block.
- There is also an option to enter a reason that employees will see for the blocked date(s).
- Select the Make Request button.
This will prevent employees from requesting the specified date(s) off going forward. If employees have already requested the date off, it will remain in the system, but no additional employees will be able to request it off.
Blocking a date from requests blocks the date for ALL users.