HotSchedules users have the ability to initiate shift trades with their coworkers. Swapping a shift means that you want to trade one of your shifts for another shift that someone else was scheduled. You are exchanging one shift for another.
! Remember that all shift trades must be approved by a manager before they are officially on your schedule.
Follow these steps to swap a shift:
- On the Home tab, you will see your schedule listed under My Plate.
- Select Swap to the right of the shift you would like to trade.
- Use the drop down menu to select the day of the shift you want to take.
- A list of people scheduled that day will appear, and you will select the person/shift that you would like to trade for.
- Select the Submit link.
- At this point, the swap request goes to the person you want to trade with.
- When they are looking at their schedule, they will select View Swaps for that day.
- They can Accept or Cancel the swap.
- At this point the swap goes to a manager to approve or deny. You are still responsible for your original shift until the trade is approved by a manager.
- You will receive a message on HotSchedules when the trade has been approved/denied. You will also receive an email or text message if you have setup those notfications on the account.