Note: This article is intended for clients using the integrated version of HotSchedules. This will only apply to clients using HSConnect as their method of integration and Posi as their POS.
HotSchedules clients using the HSConnect method of integration can opt to use a feature called Regulated Clock In. HotSchedules will import posted schedule information into your POS computer. A grace period time frame can be set up in the POS, and employees will only be able to clock in a their scheduled time.
For example, your employees could only be able to clock in within 5 minutes of their scheduled shift without the system prompting them for manager approval.
Follow these troubleshooting steps if you are experiencing issues with employees clocking in at their scheduled time:
- Check to make sure that schedules are posted on HotSchedules. You can do this by logging into HotSchedules and navigating to the Schedules tab. Select the current week from the drop down and then choose Method 7: Edit a Schedule. The schedules will be listed on the next page with their current status on the right, and the status must say Posted.
- Also, ensure that the start of the work week in HotSchedules matches the one in your POSi system.
- If you are not open for business yet, run an Import Schedule sync from the HSConnect Console located at the bottom right hand side of your screen on the system tray. (If you are open, please note that an import schedule sync will restart SPCWin. This could take 30 seconds to fully relauch). See this article for more detailed instructions on running a manual sync.
- The sync will turn orange while processing and will revert back to gray when it completes.
- Once the sync has completed, please verify that the schedules have properly imported in the Posi Time and Attendance interface:
- Open Time and Attendance.
- Select Hours & Schedules and then Current Week.
- Select Edit Schedule.
- Scroll through the employee list. For days in the future employee shifts should appear. It will look similar to this:
If no shifts appear in Time and Attendance, please contact Customer Care.
If shifts do appear in Time and Attendance, please contact your POSi vendor to ensure the grace period is setup properly to allow them to clock in.