Note: This article is intended for clients using the integrated version of HotSchedules. This will only apply to clients using HSConnect or Platform as their method of integration and Micros as their POS.
HotSchedules clients using the HSConnect or Platform method of integration can opt to use a feature called Regulated Clock In. HotSchedules will import posted schedule information into your POS computer. A grace period time frame can be set up in the POS, and employees will only be able to clock in a their scheduled time.
For example, your employees could only be able to clock in within 5 minutes of their scheduled shift without the system prompting them for manager approval.
Follow these troubleshooting steps if you are experiencing issues with employees clocking in at their scheduled time:
- Check to make sure that schedules are posted on HotSchedules. You can do this by logging into HotSchedules and navigating to the Schedules tab. Select the current week from the drop down and then choose Method 7: Edit a Schedule. The schedules will be listed on the next page with their current status on the right, the status must say Posted.
- HSConnect Clients only: Run an Import Schedules Sync from the HSConnect Console located in the lower right hand corner system tray on your BOH computer. See this article for detailed instructions on running a manual sync.
- The sync will turn orange while processing and will revert back to gray when it is complete.
- Once the sync has completed, please verify that the schedules have properly imported in the Micros interface.
- In the Micros Configurator, navigate to Time Clock Schedule.
- Use record view or table view to verify updated shifts. Example:
If you are unable to see scheduled shifts after completing these steps, please contact Customer Care.
If shifts do appear in Time and Attendance, please contact your Micros vendor to ensure the grace period is setup properly to allow them to clock in.