Note: This article is intended for clients using the integrated version of HotSchedules. This will only apply to clients using HSConnect as their method of integration and Aloha as their POS.
HotSchedules clients using the HSConnect method of integration can opt to use a feature called Regulated Clock In. HotSchedules will import posted schedule information into your POS computer. A grace period time frame can be set up in the POS, and employees will only be able to clock in a their scheduled time.
For example, your employees could only be able to clock in within 5 minutes of their scheduled shift without the system prompting them for manager approval.
Follow these troubleshooting steps if you are experiencing issues with employees clocking in at their scheduled time:
- Check to make sure that schedules are posted on HotSchedules. You can do this by logging into HotSchedules and navigating to the Schedules tab. Select the current week from the drop down and then choose Method 7: Edit a Schedule. The schedules will be listed on the next page with their current status on the right, and the status must say Posted.
- Run an Import Schedules Sync from the HSConnect Console located in the lower right hand corner system tray on your BOH computer. See this article for detailed instructions on running a manual sync.
- The sync will turn orange while processing and will revert back to gray when it is complete.
- Once the sync has completed, please verify that the schedules have properly imported in the Aloha interface.
- Log into Aloha Manager and select the Functions menu.
- Choose Basic Labor Scheduler. A new window will pop up.
- strongSelect the Edit menu and then Edit Schedule.
- When it prompts for a date, select the start of your work week. A window should pop up similar to this:
- You may need to select different jobs in the drop down menu but if the shifts synced over, there will be blue bars in the display. (Gray bars signify that the employee is scheduled a shift with another job code)
- Note: You will not see scheduled shifts (bars) for dates in the past. If any day prior to the present day was selected in the interface the shifts will not be there.
If you do not see scheduled shifts within Aloha please reach out to Customer Care.