Managers may want to prevent employees from requesting certain days off within HotSchedules. For example, a manager may not accept any requests for time off during a holiday weekend.
This article only applies to companies utilizing the Time Off feature. The alternative feature (strong>Requests) has separate documentation here.
How to Block Time Off Dates
- Navigate to the Home tab.
- Select the Time Off sublink.
- Double click the date you would like to block on the calendar.
- A Day Details box will appear. Make sure that Block Dates/Shifts tab is selected.
- Select whether this is the only day you are blocking or if it is the first of several consecutive days.
- Select the shift(s) you are blocking on that date.
- You have the option to enter a reason for blocking the date(s).
- Select the Save Details button.
You will know that date is blocked now because it will change the color of that day in the Time Off calendar. If you double click the date again, you can view your Block Dates/Shifts information again and make changes. You can also delete that blocked date.
If this was the first of several consecutive dates that you wish to block, you will have selected the option to Start On This Day. After you save the block details for that date, select the last date in the sequence that you wish to block. This time select the End On This Day option. When you Save this final date, it will apply the block to all dates between the start and end date.
This will prevent team members from requesting the specified date(s) off going forward. If employees have already been approved for time off over these date(s), it will remain in the system, but no additional employees will be able to submit a request for that time off.