Managers must approve any shift trades in HotSchedules between employees before they are officially on the schedule. This includes shift swaps as well as pickups and releases.
If there are any shift trades to approve/deny, managers will receive this notification on the Home tab:
Follow these steps to review shift trades:
- Navigate to the Home tab of your HotSchedules account.
- Select the Shift Approval sublink.
- Under Shift Transactions, you will see all pending shift trades for your employees.
- If an employee is picking up a shift that was released or a house shift, it will appear as a Transaction.
- When two employees are switching shifts, it will appear as a Swap.
- In either case, you will select the radial button beside the name of the employee who is attempting to take the shift in question.
- You have the option to enter a reason for your decision.
- Then you will select the Approve or Deny button at the bottom of the screen.
- At this point the employees' schedules are changed, and they are sent notifications to confirm.
When you are making decision about whether to approve a shift transaction on this page, you can select the employee's name to view their entire schedule for that week. Hovering over their name will show you the date and time that they submitted this request.
Shift Trade Approval