HotSchedules users have the ability to release shifts that they have been scheduled if they cannot work it. This means that other employees will be able to try to pickup that shift from them.
! Please remember that all shift trades have to be approved by a manager.This means that you are still responsible for a shift that you have released until someone else picks it up and a manager approves the trade.
Follow these steps to release a shift:
- On the Home tab, you will see your schedule listed under My Plate.
- Select Release to the right of the shift you would prefer not to work.
- You will have an option to select a reason for releasing the shift.
- Select Submit to release that shift or Cancel to go back to the original view.
- If you release it, a message will appear confirming that you are still responsible for the shift until it is picked up and approved by a manager. Select OK.
- The shift will remain on your schedule until a trade is approved.
- If you wish to cancel the release, select Cancel Release beside the shift.</>