An Auto Pickup is a setting that employees can use to automatically pick up available shifts during a specified time frame. An Auto Release is similar, but this feature can be used to automatically release any shift scheduled at a particular time. Both of these options allow employees to be proactive about picking up and releasing shifts as soon as possible for their coworkers on HotSchedules.
Example: You are not scheduled on Saturday evening, but you would like to work if possible. There are not currently any shifts available to pickup, but you know a may be released later in the week. So, you set up an Auto Pickup for that night. This means that as soon as a coworker releases that shift, the system will automatically pick it up for you. It will then go to a manager to approve. This saves you some time in getting the request in.
Users can setup auto pickups or releases for dates during the current week and next week.
Setup an Auto Pickup/Release
- On the Home tab, select the Auto (Pickup/Release) sublink.
- You will see any current auto pickups or releases that you have setup here.
- To add a new one, select the Add button.
- Under Auto Type, select whether this is an Auto Pickup or Release.
- Use the drop down menu to select the Date.
- Select whether you would like this to apply to AM, PM, or both shifts. You can even restrict it to shifts after certain times.
- Advanced Customization allows you to be very specific about the shifts you are willing to pickup/release.
- Schedules - You may want to pickup/release shifts from a certain schedule.
- Jobs - It would only apply to certain job codes.
- Locations—This option is very popular. It allows you to designate the specific locations (sections) that you’d like to pick up.
- Employees - You can even go as far as customizing from which employees you will pick up for.
- Buffer - The time listed here is the amount of notice you require to know that you’ve picked up a shift. The system won’t allow you to select a time less than 2 hours before the scheduled shift. You may always go higher, however.
- When you are happy with the options you selected, select the Add button.
Auto Pickup and Release