The Forecasting feature in HotSchedules allows you to generate a forecast for future sales based on data from weeks in the past. You may want to add a note to a specific week of data in the system to record a trend that affected your business (i.e. holidays, coupon dropping, inclement weather, power outages, etc). The Memos feature allows you to mark these weeks as such, and they will be highlighted when you are selecting weeks to base your forecast on.
Note: We currently have two versions of the Forecasting tab. We are in the process of updating the interface with all the same functionality for all customers to Version 2, but for now some customers will still be on Version 1. The instructions and screenshotsbelow will be provided for both versions, so please reference those that match your current interface.
Follow these steps to create a memo:
- Log into your HotSchedules account and navigate to the Forecast tab.
- Select the Generate Forecast sublink.
- Use the drop down menu in Step 1 to select current week.
- Select either the Generate or Edit button. Which button you will see is determined by whether or not you have saved a forecast for this week already.
- Step 2 will appear with a list of weeks to select to base your forecast on.
- Select the week(s) that you will be creating memos for. You can select multiple weeks by holding down the Ctrl key on your keyboard.
- Select the Memo button.
- A new window will display that allows you to create the memos. Use the drop down menu on this window to flip between the selected weeks. Type your memos and select the Update button to save them.
- When you close this window and return to Step 2 - Select weeks to base trends, you will see that any week with a memo attached will be highlighted in yellow.
- If you wanted to view a saved memo, you can select it and click the Memo button.
- Log into your HotSchedules account and navigate to the Forecasting tab.
- Select Create Sales Forecast for a week without a forecast saved.
- On the next page, click the Select Weeks button.
- The week selections window will appear. This is where you would normally select the weeks to base your forecast on.
- If you hover over any week, the Create Memo icon will display.
- Select this to enter a memo for any individual week.
- If there is already a memo entered for that week, a little notepad icon will display to the right of the week. You can select the icon to view the memo.
Generating Forecasts (Download the PDF QuickGuide)