The Forecasting feature in HotSchedules allows you to generate a forecast for future sales based on data from weeks in the past. You may want to add a note to a specific week of data in the system to record a trend that affected your business (i.e. holidays, coupon dropping, inclement weather, power outages, etc). The Memos feature allows you to mark these weeks as such, and they will be highlighted when you are selecting weeks to base your forecast on.
Follow these steps to create a memo:
- Log into your HotSchedules account and navigate to the Forecasting tab.
- Select Create Sales Forecast for a week without a forecast saved.
- On the next page, click the Select Weeks button.
- The week selections window will appear. This is where you would normally select the weeks to base your forecast on.
- If you hover over any week, the Create Memo icon will display.
- Select this to enter a memo for any individual week.
- If there is already a memo entered for that week, a little notepad icon will display to the right of the week. You can select the icon to view the memo.