A video guide for this article can be accessed here.
Schedule Status Change & Schedule Workflow
The Schedule Approval Process has been preserved in the 2023 version. However a new schedule status change popup has been created which is where the Forecast and Actual boxes are now displayed along with the schedule status. This is an active popup where if users have the relevant user level permissions they can Approve/Reject schedules along with submitting to payroll.
Fig 1. Schedule Status & Forecast/Actual. Schedule Status Change Dropdown - Classic Version
Fig.2 - Schedule Status & Forecast/Actual. Schedule Status 'Change...' button - 2023 Version
Fig.3 - Schedule Status & Forecast/Actual - 2023 Version
Schedule Workflow > Approving & Rejecting
- Select the Schedule tab from the homepage and then the Change button
- In the Schedule Status Change pop-up, tick the forecast (Fcst) boxes above each day to mark the schedule ready for review
The schedule status tag will update to "Ready to Review".
Fig.3 - Ticking Forecast (Fcst) boxes
Once all seven days are ticked, the schedule will show that it is ready for approval or rejection.
Rejected Schedules and Approval
Any rejected schedules must first be approved before they can be submitted to payroll.
Schedules can still be approved/rejected through the Rota Approval Report.
- To check for rejected schedules, select the bell notification icon next to the location drop-down
Fig.4- Navigating to the Notifications area
- Where a schedule has been rejected or approved, select the notification to see if any notes have been added
Fig.5 - Viewing rejection notifications
- Make amendments to the schedule, based on the notes in the rejection notification
The actual approval of schedules will typically be carried out by a member of the business with an advanced level of access.
Fig.6 - Snapshot of schedule cost
Schedule Workflow > Submitting to Payroll
- Ensure that the Schedule Status is set to Approved
Please Note: This is normally completed by an Area Manager or Central Team. The ability to set a schedule to 'Approved' is controlled by a user permission and can be applied to additional User Levels as required to assist in the smooth running of the business. To request this functionality, please liaise with your Fourth contact.
- Select Change... from the top left corner
- Tick the FCST boxes for each day
- Then Approve the schedule
The 'Schedule status' tag is displayed on the schedule page at all times. In the example below the schedule is "Ready for Review" meaning the 7 FCST boxes are ticked and the approving manager can approve the schedule.
Fig.7 – Schedule Status Change
The Schedule status will then display as 'Approved'.
- As the scheduled week progresses, update all the Hours as required on a daily basis and use the Change... button again to tick the 'act' Actual boxes for all days
- When all 7 'Actual' boxes are ticked, the Submit button will become available - select it when ready
If it is required to tick future days as 'Actual', this can be enabled via User Levels within the Company. Please liaise with your Fourth contact to enable this functionality.
Fig.8 – Ticked 'Actual' boxes on an approved schedule, 'Submit' button
The ‘Transferring Details of Rota’ page will display, see Fig.9.
Fig.9 – Transfering Details of Rota
The next page that displays will confirm that the Schedule has been submitted successfully.
Fig.10 – Payroll Submitted Successfully Message
The Schedule Status will show as 'Submitted' when going back into the Schedule for that week.
Fig.11 – Rota Submitted
If any further support is required with adding the functionality detailed within this article, and/or user permissions, please contact Fourth’s Technical Support Team.