|Last Cost Price on Product Update in RME|
|Product prices that have been changed in GRNs will now update when altered in the RME system.|
Release date:30th/31st August 2022
- Enabled by Default? - No
- Set up by customer Admin? - Yes
- Enable via Support ticket? - Yes (for a global setting)
- Affects configuration or data? - Yes
Updating a product's price in RME will now affect those products that have had their price changed in a GRN (using the 'Last Cost Price' setting).
Reason for the Change
To help ensure correct product prices are displayed within Inventory and Ordering.
All Inventory customers using RME and 'Last Cost Price' functionality.
Raise a Support Ticket and ask Fourth to enable this global setting.
- These global settings instructions are for Fourth personnel
- Go to Setup > All Options > Company Admin > Global settings
- Use Module drop-down and select Purchasing
- Expand ORG_GlobalSetting and apply the Use last cost paid as next purchase price setting as required
Fig-1. Enabling “Use last cost paid as next purchase price” global setting
A supplier-level configuration with the same name, Use last cost paid as next purchase price, has also been introduced.
- These supplier settings instructions are for customer admins
- Go to Setup > All Options > Browse Suppliers
- Search for and select a Supplier
- Go to the Edit Details tab, tick the boxes against Supplier can edit GRN and Use last cost paid as next purchase price, and Save
Fig-2. New supplier level config: “Use last cost paid as next purchase price”
The name of the setting Supplier can edit GRN is incorrect and will be changed in a future release. Suppliers cannot actually edit GRNs.
When the 'Last Cost Price' setting is enabled, if a user edits a product price on a GRN then that new price will be used when manually inputting orders, adding new lines on GRNs, and in the supplier returns and ordering screens.
When the same product's price is subsequently updated in RME, its price in Inventory will also change.