|Casual Holiday Annual Cleardown|
A new global setting to clear down casual employees' holiday accrual on the holiday year start date.
Release date: May 5th 2022.
Casual Holiday Annual Cleardown
- Enabled by Default? - Yes
- Set up by customer Admin? - No
- Enable via Support ticket? - No
- Affects configuration or data? - No
A new global setting for users to configure an automatic clear down of holiday accrual for employees.
Reason for the Change?
Casual holiday accrual does not currently reset at the end of the holiday year.
All customers using the Casual Holiday functionality.
Release Note Info/Steps
A new setting has been added to the Holiday Calculations global settings page. which allows users to enable a casual holiday cleardown - casual employees' holiday accrual will be reset to zero when the new holiday year starts.
- To enable the new setting, go to HR > Administration > Global Settings > edit Default Holiday Settings > Holiday Calculations
- Tick the box against Reset Casual Holiday Allowances Annually
Fig.1 - Reset Casual Holiday Allowances Annually
The casual employee's holiday accrual will reset to zero at the start of the new holiday year, which is set within HR and Payroll. See WFM HR: Changing a Holiday Year-End for more information.
Please note: A decision affecting holiday pay for zero-hour workers relating to the Harpur Trust V Brazel case is expected to be made by the Supreme Court in the summer of 2022. The decision may impact the casual holiday calculation and, as such, customers using it should prepare for it to be ruled unlawful.