|Setup Account||Edit Personal Information (Including Username, Password, Email Address)|
Who needs a PeopleMatter account?
- Candidates who are being considered for a position and asked to submit information required to complete a background check through the PeopleMatter platform
- New employees who are hired through the PeopleMatter platform and who need to complete new hire onboarding.
- Managers and administrators who log into PeopleMatter to complete hiring workflows
A PeopleMatter account is created in two ways:
- By being added to a company's account using PeopleMatter as a manager or administrator
By being hired or asked to enter additional information for a background check through a company's PeopleMatter account
Setting up your Account
- To create your PeopleMatter account, go to your 'Create Account' email or text and use the highlighted URL
If you have not received an email or text to create your account, please be sure to check your spam folder and allow emails from firstname.lastname@example.org to your inbox.
- Enter your First and Last Name
- Create your Four Digit PIN
- Enter your birth Month and Day
- Select Next and then create a Username
- Create a Password
- Enter your Security Questions and Answers
- Select Submit to sign in and start using your account
Creating a Username
Make sure to select something that you will remember in the future. You will need this to access important work documents if hired
A username can contain:
- Special characters (must be between 6-64 characters)
Tip: You can use your first name, last name, and last 4 digits of your social security number as a username.
Creating a Password
- At least 7 characters
- One uppercase and one lowercase letter
- One number (0-9) or one non-alphabetic character (#%$*)
- Must not contain your username, email address or any part of your name
Fig.1 - Creating an Account
How can I edit my account information?
- Log in to PeopleMatter at https://my.peoplematter.com with your Username and Password
- On your Work File, select Edit Account Information
Fig.2 - Edit Account Information
From here you can update the following sections:
- Personal Information - Name, Phone Number(s), Email Address, Address, and Date of Birth
Fig.3 - Edit Personal Information
- Account Information - Username, Password, Security Questions, and PIN
Fig.4 - Edit Account Information
- My Picture
Fig.5 - Edit My Picture
- Communication Preferences - Text Notifications for job applications and schedules
Fig.6 - Edit Communication Preferences
Please note: to make any changes to your Onboarding Documentation, please reach out to your Manager directly.