Under Features & Add-Ons, the Onboarding section allows the Administrator to configure Employee and Manager Onboarding Tasks to meet the organization's needs.
As it relates to Manager Tasks, Administrators can define and require tasks to be complete before information is pushed to third-party systems integrated with your account which helps drastically reduce error rates and incomplete data.
To access Onboarding:
- Go to your Company Settings.
- Under Features & Add-Ons, click Onboarding.
As it relates to Onboarding, there are Employee Tasks and Manager Tasks. This indicates you are viewing Manager Tasks. Notice that you edit the description to help indicate to Managers what they are being asked to complete during Onboarding.
You will need to:
- Turn default tasks on or off.
- Create and assign custom tasks, if needed.
- Rearrange the order of the tasks.
The tasks will appear on the left. You will see the task Name, Who Can See, and Assigned To.
- Company level tasks are now indicated with the "people icon" under the Assigned to column.
- Required tasks are indicated with an "asterisk."
- There are some tasks that are automatically made available for all new hires for all positions. These show the word “Everyone” with no option to change this setting.
- Most tasks have the options of Everyone, Nobody, or Customize.
- Everyone - All new hires for all positions will see this task.
- Nobody - No new hires will see this task.
- Customize - You can choose who sees this section, based on specific units or specific jobs.
- If a task displays with arrows, you have the option to rearrange the order of that task within the overall onboarding process. To move a task, simply click on the task to drag and drop the task where you would like it to be located.
- Company level tasks will be grouped together and location tasks will be grouped together regardless of if they are intermingled on this screen. However, they will follow the order they appear on this screen.
- It is recommended that you click on each task to view a preview of the task on the right.
- Some tasks will include options that you can choose to turn on or off.
- If you want to require the task to be completed before integration to a third-party system can occur, click the checkbox "Require this manager Onboarding task to be completed before the integration event can occur."
- Enter a Description if you'd like to give your managers more information about the task.
- All tasks will require you to indicate the Assigned To and Can View fields:
- The Assigned To field is used to indicate who is assigned completion of the task.
- The Can View field is used to indicate who is required to monitor completion of the task.
- Use the drop-down arrows to make your selections.
- When finished, click Save for each task.
Please review all of the default tasks to begin configuring Onboarding. Please see the related articles for additional information to assist you in configuring Onboarding.
- PeopleMatter: Administrators: How do I configure employee tasks in onboarding? (default tasks) (video)
- PeopleMatter: Administrators: How do I create tasks in onboarding? (custom tasks) (video)
For additional training regarding Manager Tasks, please view the Onboarding Part 5 - Configure Manager Tasks eLearning Lesson: