The following information relates to the integration with Synergi Partners for Tax Credit Processing. Managers will also need to complete training with Synergi Partners directly.
Your organization's administrator sets up the system to screen applicants for tax credits on the job application. The applicant is presented with the Tax Credit Questionnaire (TCQ)
The TCQ portion of the application is completely voluntary and cannot be required.
Fig.1 - Tax Credit Eligibility
In the Applicant Pool, Managers can view the individual's Tax Credit Status in two ways by using the Advanced filter or the Tax Credits symbol (which is the Dollar Sign symbol).
Note the following statuses during the applicant phase:
- Not Pre-Screened ($ with ?) - Applicant opted out of answering the TCQ.
- Pre-Qualified ($ with ?) - Applicant answered the TCQ and might be qualified based on the information they provided.
- Not Pre-Qualified ($ with x) - Applicant answered the TCQ and is not qualified based on the information they provided.
Fig.2 - Individual Tax Credit Status
Your organization's administrator will screen new hires for tax credits during onboarding. The new hire is presented with the Tax Credit Questionnaire (TCQ).
The TCQ portion of onboarding is completely voluntary and cannot be required.
Fig.3 - Tax Credit Questionnaire (TCQ)
Onboarding Tab - Tax Credits
In the Team Member's record, Managers can click the Onboarding tab to view and take action on Tax Credits.
Fig.4 - Onboarding Tab
Not Pre-Screened or Pre-Qualified
These appear if the new hire opted out of the TCQ during onboarding. The Manager selects Request TCQ Completion > An email is sent to the new hire
The new hire will see You have a questionnaire to complete when they login to their account.
Fig.5 - Onboarding Tasks to complete for New Hire
This appears if the new hire submitted the TCQ during onboarding and is eligible.
- The Manager selects Download the instructions and follows the steps listed to submit Proof of Age and Residency Information to Synergi Partners
Fig.6 - Download instructions after new hire is qualified
This appears if the new hire submitted the TCQ during onboarding and is not eligible. There is nothing else for the Manager to do.
Fig.7 - New hire not qualified
In the screens, as shown above, there are four statuses that can be seen:
- Needs Forms: The new hire needs to finish onboarding and complete tax credit forms with an electronic signature, which is required on the TCQ and Form 8850
- Closed: The new hire is no longer eligible for tax credits. (Examples: misinformation, worked for less than 120 hours, etc.)
- Pending: The State WOTC Office is still reviewing the case. (This can take upwards of a year to two years depending on the state.)
- Certified: The WOTC Office approved the case and Synergi Partners is actively calculating the credits once a 120 hour threshold is met.
Additional Information on Forms
Information is sent to Synergi Partners as soon as the new hire clicks Next in onboarding or submits the TCQ and fills out the Form 8850.
- Form 8850: Pre-Screening Notice and Certification Request for the Work Opportunity Credit, which must be electronically signed during onboarding.
- TCQ: Filled out during onboarding and maps into the form for Synergi Partners.
The new hire can view their forms within their WorkFile.
Fig.8 - Forms on new hire WorkFile