A new ‘usual hours’ calculation is being added to the ‘Furlough Payments (August 2020 onwards): By Whole Month’ export for employees who qualify for the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS) after October 2020.
Release date: 6th April 2021.
Reason for Change
On 14th April 2021, CJRS guidance was updated to include usual hours calculations for employees who fall under the reference date of 2nd March 2021. More information about these changes can be found here.
All HR & Payroll customers using the Furlough functionality.
The ‘Furlough Payments (August onwards 2020): By Whole Month’ export has been updated to include the usual hours calculation for employees who qualify for furlough and belong to the 2nd March 2021 reference date.
- To view the export, go to Payroll > Reports > Exports > Furlough Payments (August Onwards 2020): By Whole Month Date Range
- Select the required criteria and then Run Export
For more detailed guidance on running this export, please see Release Notes WFM UK: Update to the Furlough Claim Export.
Currently, the ‘Normal Hours’ are populated automatically based on the following:
- Furlough Reference Date 19th March 2020 – the employee’s average hours for 2019/2020 tax year or the hours from the same period, previous year, whichever is higher
- Furlough Reference Date 30th October 2020 – the employee’s average pay from 6th April 2020 to the 1st November 2020, or the employee furlough date, if later
A new calculation will be added for employees who qualify for Furlough Pay from 1st May 2021.
- Furlough Reference Date 2nd March 2021 – the employee’s average pay from 6th April 2020 to the 1st May 2021, or employee furlough date if later
To determine whether the employee falls within the reference date, their start date is used.
- Reference date 30th October 2020 – all employees who started employment on or after 20th March 2020
- Reference date 2nd March 2021 – all employees who started employment on or after 31st October 2020
Please sign in to leave a comment.