Users will have the ability to choose whether transfers to other sites, to wastage or accounts should be valued at weighted average (WA) instead of the actual cost price.
Actual Cost Price is the price defined in Master Data (Recipe & Menu Engineering).
Where customers utilise Site Recipe Recost, the Actual Cost Price is the price defined in Master Data for the highest ranked available supplier (preferred).
Release Date: 28-Aug-2013
Reason for the Change
Specific customer request.
All R9 customers who use site, wastage or account transfers.
Fig 1 - Global Setting
- Path: Setup>Global Settings>Stock>Organisational Settings.
- Edit the View, change the configuration value to yes and save.
Fig 2 - Product Actual Cost Price
- The products actual cost price can be seen to be £5.52 per 12 Lt i.e. £0.46 per Lt.
Fig 3 - Wastage Transfer
- Select Stock Management > Wastage> New Transfer.
- Choose the Site, the date and the account.
- Choose the item type, choose the category.
Fig 4 - The Product Cost at Actual Cost
- When choosing the quantity the system currently uses the actual cost price (£0.46) as seen in Fig 4.
Fig. 5- The Product Cost at Weighted Average Cost
- Choose the relevant products to be wasted.
- Upon entering a quantity the system will use the sites starting weighted average to cost the product.
- The example in Fig. 5 shows the cost per bottle as £0.43.
- Click Next then Approve
Global Setting Details
- Global Settings > Module: Stock >Organisational Settings> ‘Use weighted average price in transfers’.
|Boolean (Yes or No)|
• ‘Yes’ – The system will use the weighted average value of a product from the start of the period for site, account and wastage transfers.
• ‘No’ – The system will use the actual cost price of the products for site, account and wastage transfers.