Reason for the Change
This change was developed has part of the product roadmap.
All Inventory customers who have the Stock Management, Documents or Exports modules enabled.
Manually Creating a Credit Note
Fig 1 - Approved Supplier Return
- After a supplier return has been created and approved, users with access will see a new button ‘Enter Credit Note’ button as in Fig 1 above.
- Click the button to create a new Credit Note.
Note: If the status of the credit request is set to ‘Refused’ then this button will not be present.
Fig 2 - Credit Note Page
- The user is then taken to the Credit Note page to complete the creation process.
- The line items are taken from the approved supplier return and cannot be edited.
- Complete the ‘Credit Note Number’ and ‘Credit Note Date’ fields.
- To permanently delete the credit note, click the grey ‘Delete’ button.
- Click the green ‘Save’ button to save the credit note. Once saved it will not be possible to re-open or delete the credit note or supplier return.
- Saving the credit note will also automatically mark the credit note for export.
Fig 3 - Supplier Return Which Has An Associated Credit Note
- After saving the credit note the button layout on the approved supplier return will change since users are no longer able to edit it.
- The ‘Credit Status’ drop-down list will change to ‘Received’.
Exporting Credit Notes
For customers with invoice exports it is possible to export credit notes that were created manually.
Fig 4 - Invoice Export Link
- Follow the path: Exports Tab > Invoice Export Link > Select Export type (if more than one export type exists).
Fig 5 - Invoice Export Screen
- Search for the manually created credit note(s) and select them to add to the export by clicking the grey ‘Add to Export’ button as in Fig 5 above.
Note: Credit notes are displayed as negative values as in Fig 5 above.
Fig 6 - Enabled Export Button
- After the manually created credit note(s) have been added to the export they can be immediately exported by clicking the enabled ‘Export’ button.
Note: If the organisation uses an automatic invoice export then this step is not necessary.
Searching for Manually Created Credit Notes
Fig 7 - Document Search Page (Credit Notes)
- To view credit notes users should follow the path: Documents Tab > Select ‘Credit Note’ from the ‘Document Type’ drop down list.
- Enter the relevant criteria and click the green ‘Search’ button to view the list of related credit notes.
- Click the ‘View Document’ link to view a printable version of the credit note.
- Clicking the ‘View Discrepancy’ will navigate to a read-only version of the Credit Note page as shown in Fig 7 above.