A new ingredient price update tool will be added to StarChef. This will allow users to import pending cost and invoice price changes for ingredients, saving the user time.
Release Date: 19-Sep-2013
Reason for the Change
Paid for development request.
Fullers but available to all customers on request.
The first step in the process is to export the Ingredient Price Update Template.
- Follow the path: reports tab > Select ‘Ingredient’ from the report group drop-down list > Ingredient Price Update Template.
- Enter the desired criteria and select ‘Excel (xls)’ from the ‘Download as‘ drop-down list as in Fig 2 above.
- Click the ‘Create Export’ button. When prompted save the template to a memorable location.
Editing The Price Update Template
Fig 3 - Downloaded Template File
- Open the saved file in MS Excel.
- The import fields in the template are in columns N, O & P.
- If an ingredient in the export already has a pending price update it will show in these columns. In Fig 3 above the first ingredient already had a pending cost and invoice price update associated with it. The system exported the details in the template file.
Fig 4 - Edited Template File
- Fill in the relevant product changes in the file as in Fig 4 above and save. Pay close attention to the instructions in the grey coloured rows especially the accepted date formats.
Note: If the details of an already pending price update are changed in the template file the system will overwrite the existing change with the new details in the template file when it is imported.
Importing Price Updates
The final step in the process is to import the updated template.
- Follow the path: admin tab > Select: Ingredient Import/Price Update admin option.
- Click the ‘Import File’ button to import a file.
Fig 7 - Import Template Wizard I
- Click the ‘Browse’ button and locate the template file that was edited previously.
- Click the ‘Publish To…’ button and select the set(s) that the ingredients should be published to.
- Click the ‘Next’ button to move to the next step.
Fig 8 - Import Template II
- If all the details are correct click the ‘Finish’ button to import the template file.
Fig 9 - Import Details I
- The system will show the imported file under the ‘Details’ tab.
- The file will first have a status of ‘File Uploaded’ whilst the system attempts to process it.
- To monitor the progress click the ‘Refresh’ button.
Fig 10 - Import Details II
- After the system has imported the file the status of the file will change to ‘Processed - Price Update’.
- It also shows the number of items that were processed and the ones that had failed.
Fig 11 - Updated Ingredient
- Fig 11 above shows the successful addition of a pending update to an ingredient.
Fig 12 - Imported Template With Errors
- Should the system be unable to process one or more ingredients it will show this information under the ‘No. of items failed’ column as shown in Fig 12 above.
- To view the details of the ingredients that were not imported click on the Excel icon.
Fig 13 - Exceptions File
- This will download update template and show the ingredients that failed to import in blue.
- Correct the items and attempt to re-import following the steps above.
This functionality would need to be enabled by Fourth for other customers to use it.
|Export the Ingredient Price Update Template||Report Permissions||Basic reports|
|Import the Ingredient Price Update Template||Admin Permissions||Allow ingredient import|