Document Reconciliation is new functionality that allows users to search for and view the following documents: Goods Received Notes (GRN), Invoices, Supplier Returns, Credit Requests and Credit Notes. Users are also able to view a document’s current status and its associated documents.
NOTE: Only documents created after the deployment date of 17th September 2014 will be searchable in Document Reconciliation.
Release Date: 17th September 2014
Reason for the Change
This is development is planned feature based on similar feature in the previous version of the Stock System.
All Inventory customers who have the Documents module enabled.
Fig.1 - Document Reconciliation Link
- To use this new feature follow the path: Documents tab > Document Reconciliation OR Documents tab > All Options > Document Reconciliation
Fig.2 - Search Fields
There are several search options that maybe selected to search for documents. The table below explains each option within the Status dropdown list.
|GRN or Supplier Returns not yet approved.
|Unmatched - Awaiting Invoice/Credit
|Approved GRNs or Supplier Returns that do not have a matched Invoice or Credit Note.
|Unmatched - Awaiting GRN/Return
|Electronic Invoices or Credit Notes that are not matched to a GRN or Supplier Return.
|Matched - Awaiting Resolution
|Indicates discrepancy between an Invoice and GRN. A Credit Note is required, however no Credit Request has been sent.
|Matched - Awaiting Credit
|A Credit Request sent and is awaiting a corresponding Credit Note.
|Matched - Approved
|Approved GRNs & Supplier Returns matched to an Invoice or Credit Returned, but not marked for export.
|Marked for Export
|Matched Invoices or Credit Notes that have been flagged as being ready for export.
|Exported Invoice or Credit Note.
|GRN or Supplier Returns with a matched Invoice or Credit Note, however it has not been approved into stock.
- The Site, Document Type, Status and Supplier fields are set to All by default.
Tip: To select several options in the fields Site, Document Type, and Supplier, hold the ‘Ctrl’ key on the keyboard and select the various options
Fig.3 - 'From Date' Error
- The only mandatory option is with dates. Either the Document Date or the Create Date can be used. Regardless, the From field must be filled in. If not, the user is presented with the error shown in Fig.3.
- After inputting the relevant search criteria use the green Search button
- The grey Reset button will reset all the search fields to their default values
Fig.4 - Selected Document
Fig.5 - Document in Printable View
- To view the printable view of any returned document, select anywhere on the record (as per Fig.4) to view or print the document
View The Document Thread
Fig.6 - Action Icon
Fig.7 - Threaded documents
- To view the Document Thread (list of associated documents) select the  icon
The pop-up window shown in Fig.7 will appear, showing a list all associated documents, their value, and current status.