- Introducing push notifications to remind shifted employees to complete the Health Survey
- Minor cosmetic changes to the Health Survey app page header
Release date: 25th June 2020 - for Labour Productivity users
30th June 2020 - for HR & Payroll users
Reason for the Change
To help ensure that employees are completing the Health Survey each day as required.
All Fourth Engage users who are using the Health Survey app.
Push Notification Reminders to Complete the Health Survey
A push notification will be sent to a Fourth app user if the following conditions are met:
- They are on a schedule in Labour Productivity or a rota in HR & Payroll for the current day in a Location that has the Health Status Report enabled
- Their shift is due to start within the next 1 hour *
- They have not explicitly opted out of the Health Survey by selecting I DO NOT AGREE on the first page of the Health Survey app
- They have not yet completed the Health Survey on the day of the shift
* Note: Push notifications are sent on the hour, every hour and will be sent to anyone whose shift is starting from 1 hour to 1 hour and 59 minutes in the future.
Push notifications will appear on a Fourth app user’s mobile device, unless they have supressed push notifications either in their device settings or in the notification settings within Engage.
Fig.1 - Example push notification
The notification will also appear within the in-app notifications area of Engage.
Fig.2 – Notifications area in the Fourth app
Fig.3 - Example in-app notification
Selecting either the push notification or the in-app notification will navigate the user to the Health Survey app, where they can complete the survey.
If a user subsequently decides to opt out of the Health Survey app by selecting Stop Sharing Health Status, they will no longer receive push, or in-app notifications.
Fig.4 – Stop Sharing Health Status button
Minor Cosmetic Changes
To provide a consistent user experience in line with other Fourth-connected apps, the following changes have been made to Health Survey app page header:
- Removed the Fourth logo
- Removed the sub-text which was considered superfluous given the text on the first page
- Reduced the height of the header to reduce scrolling when on a mobile device
Fig.5 – Health Survey app page header
Please sign in to leave a comment.