The ChangeAn enhancement has been made to allow users to record Student and Work Permit Visa Applications which are pending with the home office and to track when the application was submitted, verified and to add and track comments through the process.
Release Date: 29-Oct-2015
Reason for the ChangeTo make it easier for customers to report on and track progress of their employees who have Visa Applications with the home office.
Customers AffectedAll People System customers.
Fig 1 – Track Visa Application Status Setting
- To switch on this functionality follow the path: HR > Administration > Global Settings > Default Employee Settings.
- Tick the setting “Track Visa Application Status” and click the ‘Save’ button.
|Fig 2 – New Setting on a Work Visa||Fig 3 – New Setting on a Work Permit|
- After this update, when a user updates an employee with a Student Visa or a Work permit there will be a new tick box called “Visa Application Pending with Home Office.
- This tick box will only appear if the Visa or Permit work expiry date is in the future. If the Visa or permit has already expired then the option will not appear.
Fig 4 – New Fields After Checking the Visa Application Pending With Home Office Setting
- Once ticked three new fields will appear to allow you to enter the date the Application was submitted, the Positive verification start date once known and a free text field of any comments you wish to record relating to this application.
Fig 5 – Confirmation Dialogue Box
- Validation exists which means you are unable to put a Positive Verification date before the Application Submission Date. Also the application submission date cannot be after the Visa Expiry date.
- When entering an Application Submission Date a pop up box will appear informing the user that the Visa Expiry date should be extended by 28 days when a Visa Application is pending.
- Clicking ‘OK’ will automatically update the Expiry date by adding 28 days to the original expiry date. An exclamation mark will appear next to the expiry date which when hovered over will inform the user that this is a temporary extension. If you click cancel then no updates will be made to the expiry date.
|Fig 6 – Updated Expiry Date on a Student Visa||Fig 7 - Updated Expiry Date on Work Permit|
- Please note, these additional fields will only appear for existing employees and not when creating a new employee as these fields relate to your existing employee’s having a Visa Application pending with the home office.
- Once the outcome has been confirmed, you will enter a positive verification date and update the employee’s Visa Expiry date. At this point you can untick the setting ‘Visa Application Pending with Home Office?’ and a pop up box will appear asking you if the outcome is confirmed. Click ok to untick the box.
Fig 8 – Confirmation Dialogue Box
- All changes will be logged in the employee history for tracking. To see, once in an employee record go to: Employee Info > Employee History.
Fig 9 – Employee History
- Please note that if there are more than 100 characters in the Application comment field then you will not see all the information on the employee history screen, but you will see the most recent changes first. You can use the customised report to see all the text in this field.
Fig 10 – New Fields on Customised Reports
- All fields added as part of this functionality have also been added in the Employee Details section of the customised report functionality in the HR Module to allow you to report on these fields. To see this go to: HR > Reports > Customised Report > Create Template > Employee Details Report.
- If you would like further information on this please click on this link to view the PDF which provides guidance on the process.