|Display Holidays and Absence Hours|
|Holiday and absence hours will now be visible on the Scheduling page|
Release date: February 1st 2023
- Enabled by Default? - No
- Set up by customer Admin? - Yes
- Enable via Support ticket? - No
- Affects configuration or data? - Yes
Introduction of a new setting that, when enabled, will display holiday and absence hours on the Schedule page. The hours from non-working shifts (holidays and absences) will be displayed in the weekly hours calculations and displayed to the end user through the Schedule page.
Reason for the Change
To assist with the managing of employee contracted hours.
All Activity-Based Scheduling customers.
The setting can be applied via Organisation Settings.
- From the Scheduling Homepage, go to Settings > Organisation Settings
- Tick the box Display Holiday & Absence Hours in Schedule Page
- Scroll down and Save
Fig.1 - Organisation Setting
Holiday and absence hours will be displayed on the Schedule page in both Weekly and Daily views.
Holiday and Absence hours are only included in the weekly hour totals.
- In the weekly view, select an employee's hours
A tooltip will display the number of working and non-working hours for that employee on the schedule week.
Fig.2 - Holiday and Absence Hours tooltip
Daily Scheduling View
In the Daily view, the hours are only included in the weekly hours total column. The holiday or absence tag displaying the number of hours is included in the employee box (on the left) but they are only included in the weekly column.
Fig.3 - Daily view, Holiday/Absence hours in Weekly column only
- To view the breakdown of working and non-working hours, select/tap the weekly hours field
Fig.4 - Daily view, weekly hours tooltip