One of my customers would like to know the effect if we remove the max 8 hours (image attached). They know employees will be paid higher holiday pay, however, what effect does that have on flexible working patterns.
They would like to know if it will affect employees who work in different patterns. For example:
- employee 1 is 40hours per week, works 5 days each week, but works varying hours per day
- employee 2 is also 40 hours per week, but works 4 days per week, again with varying hours per day.
- Employee 3 is also 40 hours per week, but some weeks work 4 days and some weeks work 5 days, again with varying hours per day.
All 3 employees should be paid the same amount in holiday pay. So with the max 8hour override on, do all employees receive the same total holiday pay? Or should the holiday override be removed so all employees receive the same total holiday pay?
- All our job titles are set up for flexible staff with an 8-hour maximum number of hours holiday paid per day
- Our maximum holiday entitlement is 29 days, however with this max of 8 hours per day, is this correct?
Please sign in to leave a comment.