Every restaurant uses their seasoned staff in some form or fashion to train their new employees. It would be very helpful and greatly increase the communication if there was a way to "connect" two shifts on hot schedules as we are adding a training schedule for a new employee.
Ideally . . .
- We could do connect them on the fly as we set up the new employees training schedule
- We could somehow select what existing employee is responsible for training them each shift. In that step, it connects the two shifts.
- It should notify the trainer, that they will be training on the shift when the schedule is reposted
- On our landing page somewhere there should be a status for every employee in training that shows how many training shifts they have left to complete.
- The trainee should be printed on the roster report WITH their trainer so it is easy to see who is supposed to be training that day
- If there is ever a connection between Schoox and Hot Schedules, The trainees scores/daily progress could be connect to the landing page as well.
- It would be nice if the Trainer could post a 'Training comment' some how to say (and document) how the trainee did on that particular shift.
- In an ideal world, I wouldn't think anyone would want more than a 1 to 1 ratio on trainer vs trainee, but that might be different in other restaurants.
- Managers dont always get to work the same shifts as the training they are scheduling so it would be handy to have a 'shift note' or 'message' that the manager could post special instructions and pass on to the trainer and trainee when they get notified of a trainee. For Example: "Anna is training for ToGo Specialist tonight. Please make sure she spends the entire shift ringing up items on the POS so she gets lots of practice doing that."
You could make button that shows up where I put the red plus sign below that lets the manager Add A trainee to that shift. It could copy the position and times to the trainee's schedule when you save it and the two would be link all in the step. It would actually make writing the trainee's schedule very fast if all I had to do was click on button on each shift.
So in the example below, Bobbi Jo is the Trainer, and when I click the Add Trainee button under her name, I could then assign the new bartender I want her to train on that particular shift
Please sign in to leave a comment.