HotSchedules Mobile app is a natural place that I would put our checklists to run the restaurant. Your site is already database driven and would make a great connection to a staff roster.
Every day in most restaurants we fill out something similar to:
- Opening Server Checklist
- Opening Bar Checklist
- Opening Host Checklist
- Opening Fryside Checklist
- Opening Sautee Checklist
- Opening Grill Checklist
- Opening Manager Checklist
- Closing Server Checklist
- Closing Bar Checklist
- Closing Host Checklist
- Closing Fryside Checklist
- Closing Sautee Checklist
- Closing Grill Checklist
- Closing Manager Checklist
Individual stores may call them something different or group them a little different, but they are all basically the same. They include things like:
- Put down chairs
- cut fruit
- Stock the line
- Check the temp on Chili
- Check the temp on raw chicken
- Stock Plates
- Stock the side station
- Set up the pop machine
- Make tea
- Make coffee
- Cleaning duty is 'Wipe menus'
Each checklist should be able to:
- Be given a title and revision date
- Be assigned to a job code
- Regenerate a fresh copy each day
- Track which employee filled it out
- Run a report by date range to see employee performance on checklists
- notify a manager if it is NOT filled out by a certain deadline
- Track temperatures on food (Needs to be optional. Not all items have temps)
- Allow a Manager on Duty to 'Grade' how accurate the checklist was completed (We use Red, Green and Yellow highlighters on our paper copies)
- It should be set up for speed on smart phones because that is where it will be used.
- Possibly be able to drag and drop the checklist to the shift templates so the employee is assigned to complete a checklist when he/she is scheduled for a shift.
- Possibly have an option to make the checklist random so it discourages 'pencil-whipping' the checklist
Please sign in to leave a comment.