This should be a mobile app feature.
As a manager, if I have an employee call in sick, I can't do anything to release the shift other than
- go get on a computer
- log in
- wait 10 minutes for the scheduling page to load
- Find the employee, hopefully they are at the top of the list so I don't have to wait for the rest of the page to load
- then move the shift back to a house shift
- then repost the schedule
- Next I go to the SmartSelect and find all available employees
- Then from my mobile app I go to staff and search for each employee's name
- I send a text message to each one.
- Be sure to include their name in the message because if they are not in your phone contacts you can't tell who they are when they respond
- Cross your fingers and hope today's not another day you are going to get your petutie kicked in the restaurant again.
I should have an option in the mobile app under the roster tab to put out a text message to all available employees for the the needed position. It should automatically release the shift and send a link that the employee can use to pick up the shift.
Please sign in to leave a comment.