In Hot Schedules, there is currently a place to log comments and notes about any staff member. We commonly use it to log when employees are sick, nc/ns, late, have excessive comps, waste significant food, get service complaints, etc. If we could get Hot Schedules to expand that to include a 'Point value' to that note we could develop a Reliability Rating system.
Here's how I see it working:
- Every employee has a 100 points when they start.
- We would have to build a chart of point values but for example:
- Any time an employee calls in sick, we document it in Hot Schedules, with a point value of say 10 points.
- Any time an employee is late, we document it. Maybe that's only 5 points.
- A NC/NS would be say 50 points
- Maybe a large screw up that caused an excess comp is 20 points.
- Messing up a batch of brisket and it has to be thrown away is 30 points.
- Damaging a piece of equipment from neglect could be 25 points.
- so on and so on.
- AFTER 90 DAYS, THE VIOLATION FALLS OFF. This key to the system retaining employees.
- If the Employee runs out of points, they could (and probably should) be fired. The final decision should be left up to the managers discretion in case there are unusual circumstances but the wording about termination should be part of the program.
Please sign in to leave a comment.