Accurately tracking and recording waste is essential for effective inventory management. MacromatiX Mobile Waste allows users to quickly record items in the restaurant which can no longer be used and deducts them from inventory, always ensuring that stock levels remain accurate. MacromatiX Mobile Waste can track the types, costs & reasons for waste and via the instant mobile report dashboard a Manager can see the impact on their profit and loss.
Best practices for Waste:
- Save time and enter waste into MacromatiX using a mobile device
- Increase accuracy by entering waste during every shift
- Record all types of waste in MacromatiX
- Log into the MacromatiX Mobile site directly on a mobile device and from the Menu select Inventory Waste (Fig.1)
- Select Record
Fig.1 - Mobile navigation
- Select +ADD NEW ITEM(S) from the top of the Waste page to begin recording waste (Fig.2)
Fig.2 - Add new items
- Start typing in the item and select SEARCH (Fig.3)
A list of items containing the search text will appear.
- Select the item(s) by ticking the box on the left
- To add this item to the Waste screen, select ADD ITEM(S)
Fig.3 - Search for waste items
- Once the items have been added, enter the amounts of waste for each item in the quantity fields (Fig.4)
Waste quantities can be entered in any unit of measure field. Decimals are acceptable (e.g. 1, 0.5, 0.25, 0.3, etc.).
- Select a Reason for the waste from the drop-down menu - this is compulsory
To delete an item from the current waste selection, select the Rubbish Bin icon
Fig.4 - Enter waste quantities and reason
If someone accidently enters waste for the wrong item, reverse this by submitting in a negative amount (i.e. -2) for the same item. It will balance out on the Waste History page.
- To confirm and submit the waste, select SUBMIT at the top right of the page (Fig.5)
Fig.5 - Submit
- A pop-up confirmation box will display the total items and costs of the waste. Select SUBMIT (Fig.6)
Fig.6 - Submit waste totals
Feature: Quick List
Users can create a Quick List of frequently wasted items that will help to quickly record waste next time. Once configured, this Quick List of items will appear on this page automatically. Quick List items are unique to each user.
- To save an item to the Quick List, select the Star icon on the far right of an item to turn it blue (Fig.7)
- To remove an item from the Quick List, select the Star icon again to deselect it and it will return to plain color
Fig.7 - Submit waste selections
- Log into the MacromatiX Mobile site directly on a mobile device and from the Menu select Inventory Waste (Fig.8)
- Select History
Fig.8 - Mobile navigation
Fig.9 - Waste History
On this page you can use the following fields to review the Waste history:
Type in an item here to find if it's been wasted
Select the down arrow to choose a date range
Select the down arrow to choose to filter Waste History by Inventory items or Menu items
Take a look at our other articles for MacromatiX - Mobile Inventory
Talk to your MacromatiX account manager or send us an email if you are interested in learning more about our MX Masterclass sessions for Restaurant Users, Area Managers, Franchisee's or Head Office Administrators.